Thursday, February 04, 2010

What is MY definition of a good woman or good man?

As I've stated before in the past, this is my platform to myself.


The fact that you've enjoyed it so much for so long has always amazed me, but a friend of mine is always saying I say the things people are just thinking.(Don't know if that's a compliment or not, but I'll take what I can get.)


Anyhoo, on FB, The FrontPage asked:

What is your definition of a good woman or good man?


I decided to respond with the following.
they're breathing...LOL... no seriously, I've had to take a serious look at this one in the past couple of years. Going on 40 (which is the new 30), happily divorced with three children, I really had to put a new spin on what a good man really is in my 21st century:
1. Does he have a valid Driver's License?
2. What's his credit score?
3. Does he have a legitimate job?
4. Does he have an email? (Men who have no knowledge techno saavy AT ALL in my book are not men I can deal with because they clearly show they are not willing to accept change.)... See More
5. (required) They have good teeth and nails. (I find that attractive, healthy and lets me know they know how to take care of self)
6. They own at least a car or their house. (By now after 35, a "good" man should have at least one asset to your name.)
7. (If applicable) You are HAPPILY taking care of your baby daddy responsibility.
8. (required) A sense of humor
9. (required) A hobby
10. (required) respect
11. (required) thoughtfulness
12. (required) spiritual
13. (optional) likes movies
14. (require) thoughtful and romantic
15. (optional) Likes to work
16. (optional) likes to travel
17. (optional) likes to workout sometime
18. (required) no drinkers
19. (required) no smokers
20. (optional) health ins, dental ins, optical
21. (optional) some savings put away for retirement
22. (required) dresses up in nice pants and shirt at least once a week. (yeah that's shallow, but i come on, if i look nice once in a while can you?)


Now I know that's a pretty long list of requirements and options, but it's like picking out a car you have to settle with for the rest of your life.  


What's yours?

No comments:

creative intimacy no matter what color you are


A blog about my experiences with men and what I feel black women need in order to be loved right.

Guest Blog? Contact Us!

See My Profile | Visit Sylvia Hubbard's Website

Recent Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

Subscribe to How to Love a Black Woman by Email

To link to this blog, copy and paste the code below into your site.

Sylvia Hubbard's Profile
Sylvia Hubbard's Facebook profile
Create Your Badge

Clickbank

Please check out some of our sponsors
Make Your Relationship Affair Proof. All Your Fears To A Satisfying And Secure RELATIONSHIP Are Now Revealed And Explained In Detail Make Your Marriage Or Relationship Absolutely Affair-proof. Click Here!

LABW ChatterBox

Have a question? Or a topic you want to discuss? Challenge me? post it below: please no spam or derogatory nonsense. thanks

Benjamin Franklin Quotes

Sylvia's World


The copyright to the text of the blog is held by the author, where applicable. All images displayed are copyright their respective owners and are used either under licence or under the fair use provisions of international copyright law.


Black Girl Click - The Best Portal for Black Women Online

SUPPORTERS OF How To Love A Black Woman:


the beautifulest